One of the main purpose of Malar Trust India is to set up day-care centers to give access to quality education to the poorest students, helping them to avoid dropping out of school.
The centers offer a service of afternoon school with teachers where the children find a comfortable place to study and some recreational activities; through the centers the most needy students receive school uniforms and educational materials.
Malar Trust India presently operates eight tuition centers in the Poonjeri and Manampathi area and assists almost 300 children in six villages.
- POONJERI Village, TKM Road – Dalit Area
- POONJERI Village, ECR Road, Irulas Area
- POONJERI Village, Masima Nagar – Irulas area
- Manampathy Village , Kamaraj Nagar – Dalit Area
- Manampathy Village, Periyar Nagar – Irulas Area
- Panjarthirthi Village, Irulas Area
- Manampathy Village, Eachampallam – Dalit Area
- Puliyur Village, Irulas Area
Our goal is to open a Tuition Center in the maximum number of villages in the area, to help the children to complete at least the basic course of study up to the 10th class.